You are here
Making Plans For Graduation?
- PLAN AHEAD: Always maintain an updated Program of Study in your Department. Early in your senior year review your transcript or DARS Audit Report with your advisor and be fully aware of all of the requirements for your program of study work with your academic advisor to identify and resolve problems such as incorrectly transferred courses, incomplete grades and non-applicable electives. Prior to registering for your final semester, make an appointment with your academic advisor for a graduation check. Incompletes received in your final term will prevent you from graduating. Make arrangements for an Exit Interview with your department chair if appropriate, and complete the departmental and university Exit Surveys.
- Filling out your Degree Application: Apply for graduation by the published deadline. Deadlines occur the semester ahead of your semester of graduation. Undergraduate Degree Application forms and information are available at the Office of the Registrar if you are an undergraduate student Graduate Degree Application forms and information are available at the School of Graduate Studies Failure to file for a degree will prevent you from graduating even if you have satisfied all other graduation requirements.
|GRADUATION DATE||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|August (Summer Quarter)||May 25|
|December (Fall Semester)||September 7|
|April (Spring Semester)||January 18|
|August (Summer Semester)||May 17 |
- Honors Students: If you have a departmental honors project, complete the project and evaluation. Check with your academic advisor for specific requirements. Complete the Fulfillment of Departmental Honors Requirementsform.
- Graduate School Admissions: Students seeking graduate admission must apply to Wright State University Graduate School before they may register for graduate credit. Applications for admission and all supporting credentials should be received at least six weeks before registration for the semester in which the student wishes to begin graduate study.
- Career Employment: Students seeking employment should check-in with the Office of Career Services for help with resumes, on-line resume posting services, and to view current employment opportunities on the Wright Search.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination: Students who are interested may register and take the FE Exam in preparation for becoming licensed as a Professional Engineer. The FE Exam is given in April and October each year by the State of Ohio Engineers and Surveyors Board.
- Update Your Contact Information: Verify your correct mailing address and other contact information using WINGS Express. Your diploma will be mailed to the address provided to the Registrar's Office approximately 6-8 weeks after graduation. Your academic advisor, department chair or college may have other information or invitations of opportunity to send you in the months or even years after you graduate. Keep your address current so we can reach you with news!
- Order of the Engineer Ceremony: Graduating students are cordially invited to take part in the Order of The Engineer Steel Ring Ceremony. The Order of the Engineer, Inc. is a symbolic organization that seeks to promote professionalism among engineers and graduates of accredited engineering college programs. The Order (OOE Ceremony Application/Information/Dean's Invitation) is the roster of engineers in the United States who have who have publicly accepted the "Obligation of an Engineer" while participating in an Engineers' Ring Ceremony.
- Participate in Commencement: Students wishing to participate in Commencement should use the electronic registration form for participation in the Commencement Ceremony.The Commencement Ceremony is held at the E. J. Nutter Center and is hosted by Wright State’s Office of Event Services ,186 Student Union, (937)775-5512.
- Consider Joining the Alumni Association: The College truly values its CECS Alumni and we want to stay in contact! Membership benefits include membership to the CECS Alumni constituency society, discounts on Alumni Association events